MICHAEL FENTON STEVENS

MICHAEL FENTON STEVENS
Ready to go on

Monday 14 March 2011

Monday Albert Hall

Right, I'm off in a minute to the Albert Hall to play my kazoo for Comic Relief. Looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends that I haven't seen for ages.

The last time I worked at the Albert Hall was for Amnesty International doing the introductions and voice overs for the show that they do there every year. So it seems I am destined to do nothing but charity work at that great venue. I'm not complaining. What a thing to be involved in. Lucky me.

The Amnesty show had an astonishing line up. I knew some of them from before they were famous. Eddie Izzard remembered the old days when we used to go for coffee after dreadful auditions for adverts. He said that he was always fed up when I turned up for an audition because he knew that I would get it. Nice of him but not true. I didn't get them all. It's just that he didn't get any! He didn't do badly in the end, did he?

I also had a very strange experience with Russel Brand. Rather lovely actually. I was walking along the corridor by the dressing rooms after the show and he was standing with a great crowd of beautiful girls all staring adoringly at him. Suddenly he broke free from them and rushed towards me shouting my name. He grabbed me and gave me a big hug. He noticed that I looked rather bemused and said, "It's me, Russel?". I told him that I obviously knew who he was but I felt sure that we hadn't met before. He said, "Yes we have. When I was a teenager we did a childrens' TV show together called 'Mud'. I was little Russel. The one you talked to every lunchtime. I loved all you silly stories."

How about that? He had remembered me all that time. There's a lesson for people who ignore children. As I used to say at the end of the pantos I did, "Be good to your children. Don't forget, they're the ones who choose your nursing home."

Will let you know how it goes. Excited!! xx

1 comment:

  1. TRUST YOU WENT WELL & HAD FUN! lOVE THE KAZOO...GREATLY UNDER-RATED INSTRUMENT (DARE I CALL IT THAT?)
    ALL THE BEST FROM US DOWNUNDER!

    ReplyDelete